Bear Mountain Lodge is a tranquil oasis on the edge of the New Mexico wilderness, the ideal choice for quiet relaxation or unforgettable adventure. Bear Mountain Lodge offers refined and restful accommodations in breathtaking surroundings, with easy access to hiking, cycling, horseback riding, birdwatching, nature study and wilderness.
The Lodge Grounds, 178 secluded acres, are nestled against the immense grandeur of the Gila National Forest. We are minutes from the heart of Silver City, boyhood home of Billy the Kid and today an Arts and Culture District of New Mexico. Our Historic Lodge, fully restored and lovingly maintained, features inviting common areas, a dining room serving breakfast and dinner, a well-stocked library, and eleven comfortable guest rooms with modern amenities. We are home to Blue Dome Gallery, Silver City's premier contemporary art space.
- There are no televisions at Bear Mountain Lodge
- We provide free wireless Internet
- Please, no smoking in any of the buildings
- We have cell phone coverage
- Complimentary breakfast is included, and bag lunches are available by prior arrangement
- Artwork and sculpture throughout the Lodge and grounds may be purchased through Blue Dome Gallery
- 3.7 miles of marked lodge trails connect to the extensive trail network in adjacent Gila National Forest
- Our 6,250' elevation means generally cooler, drier weather and spectacular New Mexico skies
- GPS - N 32° 48' 928", W 108° 18' 570"